View Single Post
Old 12-28-2023, 09:15 PM
Marc

I think Rob needs to put the 1962 picture in the orange pennant. It seems like that is what should be there. It does seem like the Falstaff pic is not right. 1962 is the only known team photo pennant for the Giants.

On the black 1962 team pennants, the image is glued to the felt. For this orange pennant, the felt is cut. Rob, does that cut look professional to you? Or more like a hack job?

Really kind of a mystery. At last year's National, football Rob picked up a copy of the black pennant for me that had no picture. It did have the WC mark, like this new orange pennant. It is also not all that hard to find an original copy (i.e., correct size) of the 1962 team photo that goes on the pennant. I have one (that I'm going to someday glue onto the blank pennant) and I've seen others for sale. I wonder if the WC concessionaire assembled the pennants on site (as opposed to them coming assembled from Trench) and never got around to assembling everything, probably because of a decrease in demand after the 1962 World Series.

But that doesn't explain why nobody has ever seen an orange copy before. Hard to believe there can be only one.

And nice Cardinals pennants everyone.

Last edited by bocca001; 12-28-2023 at 09:18 PM.