Thread: 1965 Bobby Orr
View Single Post
Old 04-18-2020, 04:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brian1961 View Post
Tomi-----Your array of Bobby Orr items is dazzling and I thank you for loading them up for us to view. A few years ago, there was a hobby magazine article on the ultra rare 1971-72 Bazooka hockey cards. I imagine your collection must have been portrayed; your Orr panel is off the charts magnificent. There are instances when a PSA 8 equates to a PSA 10-----your Bazooka Bobby Orr panel is a striking example of my belief. If I were to ever write a sequel to NEVER CHEAPER BY THE DOZEN, your blue diamond 1971-72 Bazooka Bobby Orr panel would definitely merit a chapter. I just checked and Sport Collector Daily editor Rich Mueller wrote a nice piece on a Bazooka Orr complete box he was shown at the 2016 National Convention. Awesome item.

Take care, Tomi, and thanks again for sharing with us. Mate, you're truly a fellow collecting warrior.

----Brian Powell
Thanks Brian. The box you saw was Larry Kerrigan's. Most of my Orr items have passed through him at one point in time as he always has incredible items. My Bazooka set is on the PSA registry at #1 if you are interested in viewing the grades. I will eventually upload pics of all the panels. The items I've shown are the "oddball items" as I'm more drawn to them than the regular issue items. It took me over a decade to put my Orr collection together but I saved for the higher end stuff that are impossible to find. Here are the rest of my Orr items, not "oddball" but love them just the same. Thanks and happy collecting.