View Single Post
Old 08-26-2020, 12:10 PM
Michael Fried

I just found this in Post 1 of a 01-22-2002 thread entitled "Festberg Warning." I would post a direct link to that thread if I knew how to do so.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archive View Post
Posted By: Lee Behrens

In the last few months I have won 2 festberg auctions, a T202 lot which was fine, and a T206 45 card lot, here's where the problems start. In the description there was 3 HOFers, 2 two I suspect are reprints, waxy finish. It described 8 EX/EX+, one falls close to that category it was one of two cards pictured, there were 4 cards that I think were suppose to fall into that category that are trimmed. 5 VG/EX, I could find any to fall into that category. I did get the one interesting Tolstoi card that I posted. The lot in no way comes close to the description.

I have attempted to email him two seperate times with no response. This is why I am know posting to STAY AWAY FROM FESTBERG AUCTIONS he just wants your money and does not care about the product. I did have a few members warn me, but my first experience was alright, but this second one is TERRIBLE.

JUST ONE FINAL WARNING STAY AWAY FROM FESTBERG AUCTIONS!!!!!!!!!!!

Any other questions fell free to email me.

Lee

On 01-31-2002, Post 12 reads:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archive View Post
Posted By: Lee Behrens

After 20 days I finally received a reply from Dave Festberg, this is the whole message.

Hi Lee, I'm back, sorry about my new grader should I fire him. Will take care of next auction. best wishes, Dave.

Know here is someone really concerned about his customer absolutely no reference to the transaction or trying to work out the problem.

There will be NO next auction for me and I hope that none of you are even tempted to bid on his auctions.

Lee

Relevant paragraph from the 01-22-1993 Sports Collectors Digest article on the Festberg remainders (posted a few years ago in this thread):

Last edited by abctoo; 08-26-2020 at 12:32 PM.