View Single Post
Old 04-27-2019, 11:09 PM
Bob Andrews

I enjoyed the show quite a bit. This was the first out-of-town show (I'm in Houston) I've traveled to since the Arlington Nationals many years ago. I'm not sure driving round trip from Houston in one day was a smart idea but in the end, it was worthwhile. Most of my pictures are similar to the ones already posted but I will add a couple. I'm sure the display of 1915 CJ has been seen at various shows before (the National?) but it was new to me and I thought it was fantastic to see them all in a group like that. Of course, I had to find my own personal 'white whale', the Bender card. One of these days I'll land one.

I thought there was a nice mix of dealers. Some make the Houston show stops but many others were dealers I had not previously met and I enjoyed chatting with several. I met Leon and spoke briefly with Eddie Robinson and Abner Haynes. Looking forward to reading my copy of Robinson's book, which I had him sign.

I made a nice dent in my 1971 want list as well as finding some 1960 Leaf which is my ugly duckling build for 2019. And I won a door prize! I'm now the owner of a Panini Instant card of Mavericks' rookie Luka Doncic. I'm not familiar with him as I don't follow the NBA very closely but it was nice to win something.

Thanks to Leon and his partner and crew. I hope to get up that way again the next time there is a show.

IMG_4014.jpg

IMG_4016.jpg