Thread: I am gonna vent
View Single Post
Old 11-20-2017, 05:01 PM
je.sse @rnot

Quote:
Originally Posted by packs View Post
I absolutely hate hearing some dealer at a card show tell me what they have into a card when I ask about the price. Why do I care what you paid for something? If you made a bad buy, don't even bother putting it out. I'm not going to pay $200 more for a card because you did.
I'm not sure I believe most who tell me what they're into something they're selling any way. And even if it is the truth it does not affect what I'm willing to pay.

To the OPs post it should be the seller's responsibility to list a starting price. Listings with no asking prices are one of my pet peeves around here. Asking someone to negotiate against themself is equally ridiculous. If a price is set make an offer.

I do like Jake's note on his listings that any inquiry asking what's the lowest price you will take will be met with what's the most you will pay.