View Single Post
Old 08-20-2015, 02:22 PM
Peter Spaeth

Quote:
Originally Posted by T206Collector View Post
More from the 2009 Morwitz article, which is really fascinating reading:

With respect to eBay strategies...

"While the results varied for high versus low total reserves, across the two products, and across particular CDs and games, in general they demonstrated that auctions with lower opening bids and higher shipping charges attracted more bidders, and generated higher total revenues, compared to higher opening bids and lower shipping charges. For example, setting an opening bid of $0.01 and shipping of $3.99 for CDs resulted in a higher average number of bidders (4.5) and revenue ($10.14) than setting an opening bid of $4.00 and no shipping charges (3.9 bidders, $7.54 average revenue)."
I would think (or hope anyhow) that the sophistication of people spending hundreds or thousands of dollars in high end sports auctions is a little higher than people buying 10 dollar items on ebay. This thread could prove me wrong though.

He is available to do custom drawings in graphite, charcoal and other media. He also sells some of his works as note cards/greeting cards on Etsy under JamesSpaethArt.