View Single Post
Old 06-11-2016, 08:42 AM
Sc0tt A1paugh

Quote:
Originally Posted by aelefson View Post
Scott-
Your thread title implied you were excited to have recently purchased a T206 Plank and wanted to share this with the collecting community. However, you buried that information in an advertisement for your services. If you had stuck with the details on the fresh T206 find and the Plank, you would not get these type of responses. I for one was wondering why you led with three paragraphs describing your business before even mentioning the Plank find. It left a sour taste in my mouth as you do not appear to be eager to share the Plank but instead to entice more board members to sell you their cards. Please note, this is just my opinion and I do believe your 70% offer is good for motivated sellers. This method of advertising on the main page of the board (I understand it was approved by Leon) leaves you open to the comments you received.

Alan Elefson
Alan:

Thanks for the reply and I understand how the "blast" of content can leave a "sour taste" and I appreciate that you do see that the offer is good for motivated sellers. I also understand that it provided a mixed message and many may not have understood the advertorial aspect of the post and for that, I'm sorry, but it is what it is.

Despite that, there is a new T206 Plank that will be coming into the marketplace, soon.

Blog: www.justcollect.com/blog
email: scotta@justcollect.com