View Single Post
Old 03-27-2009, 01:42 PM
Administrator

Default How Amazingly Dumb People Are!!

Posted By: James Gallo

My point is that history has already proven that figures will not have staying power. Line-ups were the end all be all and they died a very quick death.

The earlier McFarlane pieces have dropped in price.

This is a specific piece that was made just to get attention and there is no basis for it. This is far worse then a limited variation like a home and away jersey that has been done so much in the past.

I see the point in calling this "dumb", but I can't see any prospective where this piece will ever retain any value even at 1/4 what it is currently selling at.

I guess I have a broader prospective on this as I see action figure sell for tons of money and then a few years later are almost worthless.

I had actually thought that McFarlane had stopped these figures but they continue even though I see a great deal of them on the clearance sections at toy stores....

I just don't see this line continuing and once it dies, just like every other modern toy line the prices will drop and in a few years no one will even remember why they paid so much for this piece.

James G

Looking for 1915 Cracker Jacks and 1909-11 American Caramel E90-1.