Thread: October Pickups
View Single Post
Old 10-16-2017, 10:11 PM

I was just stating that the general consensus now is that these are likely from the 1940's (with some earlier and some a little later). However, nobody (literally nobody) can tell the difference between 1937 paper and 1944 paper. So without stamps and other evidence we will never know for sure. I think personally they were issued over a period of time so they could very well be examples that date to the late 1930's, but clearly some were issued a bit later. I doubt we will ever know for sure but they are clear, old and really nice examples for sure! Some have a more sepia tone and are clearly earlier. When we first started selling these we listed the ones with a clearly older "feel" as vintage 1 and the others as vintage 2. To be safe we now just call them all vintage 2. I doubt a definitive answer will ever come to the surface but we can hope. We all learn as we go and I learn new stuff everyday about vintage photos and photographers.

I think they were issued over a period of time, starting in the 1930's and ending in the 1950's.

Last edited by prewarsports; 10-16-2017 at 10:17 PM.