View Single Post
Old 07-22-2020, 12:40 PM
Michael Fried

Quote:
Originally Posted by tedzan View Post
I stated (some time ago) that I was not going to continue participating in this thread, anymore. But, after reviewing this particular post, I cannot let this stand.
This is mis-leading information....."FAKE NEWS" if you will.

Shown below are examples from my 1947 BOND BREAD set. As most of you know I collected these cards in the Summer/Fall of 1947. I have 44 cards (just the
Baseball subjects). I chose as examples to display the major Rookie cards. The backs of 42 cards in my set are clear WHITE (as shown). Two of the cards in my
set (Yogi Berra and Larry Jansen) exhibit traces of black/gray spotting. I recall that I up-graded my original Berra card. And, I recall purchasing the Jansen card
in the early 1980's, since it was not in my original collection.

The point of this response is to contradict the above QUOTED myth that the bread in the BOND BREAD packages stained the backs of these cards.

TED Z
Ted, You misread what I wrote and only got half of the story. You cannot go around telling people that only genuine Bond Bread cards have rounded corners and white backs and ignore the rounded corner "Sport Star Subjects" set that also has white backs and rounded corners. I did not say the Bread stained the backs of the Bond Bread insert cards.

Read what I wrote again: "While there are few bread stains on any of the Bond Bread package inserts, all were affected by being next to the bread." To me that specifically says that most Bond Bread cards had no stains from the bread . . . but like any piece of paper next to bread, the bread can take away some of the brightness of the white cardstock. That's not a stain. It's still white, but not as glossy.

I know you have original cards and the few original cards I have are not in as good a grade as your many cards, so my photos were not good. Look at your photos of the backs of genuine Bond Bread cards you posted in 2009 in Posts nos. 8 and 11 of this thread.

Please help us all out by posting a scan of the back of a genuine Bond Bread insert next to the back of a genuine "Sport Star Subjects" card. We all would like to see it.

Last edited by abctoo; 07-22-2020 at 12:41 PM.