View Single Post
Old 04-17-2017, 11:48 AM
Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by packs View Post
How much would you estimate the collection to be worth? Even if you could get $100 to $200 for those first covers you'd have to have 500 of them to reach half the estimate given.

I think about 50 Grand will be realistic, but they WILL spend some money on grading to get to that figure. If they are as high grade as they look, there will be several that go for $300 bucks or more apiece, with some much higher.

I think a high end Prefontaine or high end Cassius Clay will easily fall into the 500-1000 range.

This is not even taking into account the prototypes mentioned, that I imagine some will be eager to get into their collections.

Just filtering through Sold unsigned Sport Illustrated that ended on Ebay in the last 90 days, there's plenty of results that signify a trend, and most of the better issues have not even been traded in the last 90 days. Saw a couple of not so great looking Prefontaines that sold at between 60 and 80 bucks.

I see several CGC graded issues that I'd consider run of the mill but in great condition, that traded for 100 bucks and higher.