View Single Post
Old 03-20-2007, 01:13 PM
Administrator

Default 1930 Goudey- Babe Ruth- questionable authenticity?

Posted By: Judge Dred (Fred)

If it were me and I spent $18K on the card I'd drop a few more dollars in to have the ink and paper tested. If the tests are conclusive and there is no way that it can be from 1930 then I'd contact CSA and let them know of revelation. I'd tell them that they are not only on the hook for the sale pice (including juice) they are now responsible for the paper testing bill. If CSA continues to ignore addressing the issue then I go to the hobby experts and get bonafide opinions on paper and send those to CSA with a law suit that is going to collect sales price + juice + paper testing + all expenses associated with contacting and getting letters from others + damages.

I figure there are a few legal experts here - is that possible? If so, then CSA might consider reviewing policy or possibly taking the card back, having the test done by an agreed upon independent lab and then probably abiding by the opinion of the lab.

Dan Bretta made one of the best points yet: "1930 is a full three years before Goudey produced cards of any type." If that's the case then it's almost like case closed.