View Single Post
Old 08-30-2016, 07:18 PM
L@nce Fit.tro

If they are to be packaged 4 or 5 to a pack, perhaps the correlation of the new numbering to the previously-issued 1930's set would best be handled with a sheet inserted in each pack? That way, you could avoid the skip-numbering on the photos themselves, and also give an idea of what is to come for those unfamiliar with the 1930's set. I'm thinking something along the lines of a full 1930's set listing in a lighter/gray text, with the enlargements produced so far in black or bolded. If the numbers differ, the previous number and new number for each could be listed and updated as new issues are added. The ones that will not be reproduced could be tagged with an asterisk and note of "not anticipated to be reprinted" or some such, so that collectors who are familiar with the 1930s set don't keep holding out for those that are fated never to be reproduced.

As far as any markings on the photos, I've never been a fan of any markings on the face of a photo unless it's an autograph. That's me speaking as more of a photo guy than a card guy though, and rarely dealing with modern reprints, so I'm not sure I'd be your target demographic either way. I do think that a nicely-produced RPPC set would be neat though, especially if produced with a matte or silk finish rather than glossy, but would that be getting too close to the taboo trading card issue that Topps has locked up?