Thread: New Wagner Find
View Single Post
Old 08-08-2006, 03:37 PM
Administrator

Default New Wagner Find

Posted By: jay behrens

must be a slow day since I finally looked at the auction and the site. The first thing that struck me was here is a guy who is an acclaimed appraiser, with industries highest accredidation, and he is willing to ruin his reputation over a card that no one with the card collecting hobby will step forward and say has an even remote chance of being real.

The thing that cracks me up is that he says the card is worth $850k based on the LOAs form suspect experts. I can get some LOAs printed up for the Mona Lisa poster I have that will attest to the fact that it was printed in Leonardo's workshop. Wonder what he will appraise that at and will he sell it for me?

Threatening the guy isn't a good way to do things, but how are his fellow appraisers and the accrediting board going to look upon him when this whole thing blows up in his face?

This looks like a lose-lose proposition if this auction goes down. I certainly wouldn't risk what appears to be a top notch reputation on this hoax.

Jay

A good friend will come bail you out of jail. A true friend will be sitting next to you saying, "Damn, that was fun."