View Single Post
Old 02-28-2015, 09:28 PM
Sco.tt Mar.cus

Quote:
Originally Posted by almostdone View Post
I know this question is completely hypothetical and will very greatly based on any one persons age but I think most, if not all of us, have thought this before.

If your current self could go back and tell your past self one thing about a hobby decision that you didn't make what would it be? I think it would be fun to see the responses. List what year you would go back to and how old your past self would have been.

For me I think I would go back to 1986 and tell my fourteen year old self that buying all those baseball packs won't pan out as buying the same among of Fleer basketball packs. I remember seeing them on the shelf but I so badly just wanted my beloved Mets cards instead.

What would you do?

Drew
I'd go back 8-9 years and tell 11-12 year old me to write to a bunch of the old time players who I had always wanted to write to but never got around to it. I don't just mean the Bob Feller's and Dom Dimaggio's, but I had wanted to write to Lou Brissie and Bert Shepard about their war experiences, and to Phil Cavarretta, Duke Snider, Marty Marion, Preacher Roe, Virgil Trucks, Andy Pafko, Gus Zernial, Mel Parnell, Ernie Banks, Sam Chapman, Eldon Auker, etc but that ship sailed while I was stalling and putting it off. I did write to a handful of old timers, but not nearly as many as I would have liked to.