View Single Post
Old 02-07-2019, 07:09 AM
The Uber Anal Retentive Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by MGHPro View Post
So what's the general value of the 51 series ? Cool looking pennants
I agree, they are among my favorite. Really hard to gauge value in my opinion. The Browns pennant would probably fetch the most along with Dodgers, Phillies, Athletics, and Red Sox (both versions). Actually, the one Red Sox version might top them all. But that's a wild guess. There aren't enough of these pennants out there, nor enough pennant collectors, to have a good source of data on which to base approximate values.

You know how it is, all it takes are two bidders and ka-boom. Or if there is just one interested bidder ... pfffft. I know there's a price guide out there, and it is nice for all the pictures but the listed values for many are often wild guesses (I mean that respectfully ... I wouldn't be any better throwing out numbers.) You could see a pennant that has only been seen once, i.e. one known example in circulation, and the listed value is merely what it went for in one auction. Or maybe it was something in someone's collection with no sale information, and the listed price is just a guess.

Anyway, if the whole series was auctioned on eBay? As a lot in good condition? I'd guess $2,000 plus or minus a grand. But again, who the heck knows!