View Single Post
Old 05-12-2013, 09:31 PM
Steve Birmingham

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr2686 View Post
Steve, do you get your UV glass locally or do you get it over the internet? Seems like the price is going up here locally and I'm going to start looking to have it shipped. Any recommendations?
I bought it locally. I'm pretty sure that shop has closed. A small independent place that stocked the glass.

They did regular glass, some sort of special clearer glass, Uv blocking and museum glass that was both UV blocking and glare free. The only thing they didn't have was replacement vintge glass. (I've got a good stock of it myself, but I'm not all that experienced with cutting it. I've heard the old wavy stuff is brittle)

I need to look for another place, Michaels can be "difficult" if you want to do your own with anything but stock mats. I think it depends on the manager. One will be hard to buy matboard from, another easier and they'll sell the cutouts from their own projects at a bargain price.

I've done a few things, including a couple mats for gifts that had cutout designs. Silver faced mat with a black core can work out really well.

Steve b