View Single Post
Old 01-01-2017, 07:44 AM
Br.ent So.bie

That's an unfortunate story.
Hopefully, more honest buyers cross your path Scott. ☺
I do have to say though, its a two-way street.
Before these modern changes to sellers on EBay, I had been ripped-off numerous times in the 'old days' of the Bay.
I received the completely wrong items, I had cards switched with lower grade examples than I had purchased, twice I received empty boxes, and twice I was fool enough to send money orders, both times with the items never sent, with one of the seller's then having the NERVE to claim on my feedback that I was a "greedy" buyer looking for free stuff.
Let's be honest, its other dishonest sellers that have ruined it for the honest individuals, but then again, that can be said for the buyer's as well.
Case in point, the Global Shipping Program was implemented due to countless sellers sending either empty boxes or the wrong items, with numerous buyer's also dishonest "claiming" they didn't receive their item. Now, as a Canadian buyer, I have to pay an exorbitant amount for shipping, so that the items are first sent from the seller to a processing plant, with EBay then opening and confirming the contents before they're then shipped to me.
Sadly, there never seems to be any middle ground on the Bay....
Its either sellers getting ripped... Or buyers taking it on the chin.