View Single Post
Old 04-07-2012, 07:18 AM

Default your incredible wit and sarcasm is still unmatched, my friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theoldprofessor View Post
Damn, Bill, what have you done now? By your thoughtless use of eBay in actually selling things (and presumably making money) you have caused them to force one of their junior interns to write, in what may be English, a long and meaningful note suggesting that future success will be punished. Another dumb move on your part. Now if you lost money on eBay, as I do, they'd leave you alone.

I'm especially impressed in the intern's use of the "To Serve You Better" ploy. You must get lots of these. Mecklenburg County, North Carolina, where I live, has recently closed or reduced hours in a number of smaller town libraries, in order to serve us better. Now we can all go to one giant regional library where all the books will be hidden. But there will be people there who will teach us to dance, or to play the ocarina, or how to pretend to be butterflies, all to serve us better.

Notice too, how the intern has added the common touch by using the phrase "to help our seller's." This confusion of possessive and plural forms has got to have everybody loving eBay. Hey, they're just as dumb as we are!!

How will you reply? Ah, I see below that you already have. The intern's name is Mark, presumably for Mark My Words. It has to be the same guy, because he writes the same junk at the same level. And he thinks that the more he says it, the truer it will become.

Surely you will want to print this letter and have it framed. It's a standard of success few of us willl ever attain. Then take a vow never to sell at a profit again. You will be happier, and eBay will be ecstatic.
oldprofessor---I hope you are well and it's good to hear from you..take care Bill

Last edited by forazzurri2axz; 04-07-2012 at 07:21 AM.