View Single Post
Old 01-31-2016, 05:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALR-bishop View Post
I was kidding Patrick, but in the end it does not matter what I think...or you think. There is no real hobby recognized definition of a master set or a variation.

And what is a super set ? How does it differ from a master set ? Should master sets include only true variations where an intentional change was made in the card ? Should recurring unintended print defects be included in a master set ? In a super set ? How many times must a defect occur before it is recurring ? Who decides all this anyway ? Does each person have the right to define the set they collect the way they want. ? How many have to agree with something for it to be a hobby norm ?

While some may concentrate on the 52 set or another particular set or sets, I try to collect these things across sets from 1951 to 2015. It's okay by me for you to be the arbiter of the master set list for 1952.
Interesting points Al. I would agree that this probably doesnt belong as a recognized variation. The latest Super Set definition, with some modifications seems to make the most sense to me. However, Patrick that would put your glossy front variations out of the Super Set listing.☺

Last edited by Zach Wheat; 01-31-2016 at 05:43 AM.