View Single Post
Old 01-19-2012, 11:47 AM
John
J0hn McD@niel

Quote:
Originally Posted by tedzan View Post
[B]The truth is NO ONE KNOWS !
In the Spring of 1909, American Lithographic (ALC) started cranking out several press runs of PIEDMONT cards of Wagner & Plank and the ten 150-Only cards shown here.When both these guys informed ATC that they did want to be associated with Tobacco cards, ATC immediately relayed this information to ALC. ALC clipped off Wagner &
Plank from their sheets of PIEDMONT's.
TED Z
Ted you’re fantasy’s are just too much for me I presented some good questions/evidence here has Tim. All you have are misc dates you pulled out your thoughts that Plank was giving the ATC cease & desist letters and your pulled from thin air these are the first 12 players ever printed and you have the nerve to say I don’t know or have evidence.

Read your above statement Ted. In 1909 the ATC started cranking out several press runs of Wagner & Plank really? And you know this how? Plank said he didn’t want his image with tobacco and notified the ATC. Again you know this how? The ATC immediately clipped off Wagner & Plank from Piedmont. Once again you know this how?

YOU don’t know this either. The above is pure speculation or fantasy until you have hard evidence.

Yeah Plank was so against his image that the ATC “immediately” pulled his Piedmont card from the original 12 and a few Sweet Cap 150’s slipped out. The ATC seemed to be so worried about the so called litigation from Plank that you theorize about so much that ATC let some 350’s of Plank slip out months to almost a year later as well.

I don’t know for fact how many Piedmont Wagners or Planks were printed never claimed too. Or if they were ever printed in fact I say I doubt they were ever printed for production. Hence my disagreement with you and your thoughts. Ted YOU also have no idea if they ever even made it to production for distribution with the Piedmont brand but it doesn’t stop you from typing it as fact.

Seeing as we only have 2 Wagners and 3 Planks known to date with Piedmont 150 backs all which are hand cut or missing color or something. Seems like a very logical thought they never did make it into distribution as factory finished cards. We draw the same conclusion on Brown Old Mill and there are more examples of Brown Old Mill than Piedmont 150’s of Plank and Wagner…so why do we toss that logic here because you say so?

Ted have at it for the rest of the thread. I’m finished trying to share information with you or even question your ideas. It’s so painfully clear all you want is pats on the back and to be told how smart you are. There is no real quest for you to figure out this set. Your main goal is to convince everyone that you’re right and that all things T206 in regards of knowledge have some ties to you in some shape or form.

Ted if anyone needs evidence at this point it’s you for the record. I’m not the one with a laundry list of fantasy theories. I’m not the person with a history of tall tales and faked scans of cards that don’t exist. I’m not the one with stories of cards I don’t own. I’m not the one who when challenged to produce cards of question has excuses of “opps just sold him” or ends up posting fake scans. You are a real enigma Ted I have never met someone so hell bent on being taken as a serious scholar who limelight’s with fish stories and tall tales. You really make me laugh sometimes even if some of the stuff isn’t so funny.

John