View Single Post
Old 06-08-2006, 10:47 AM
Administrator

Default T206 EPDG- - - how rare in your collection?

Posted By: Brian

Hi Ted,
Art and I have been "chatting" and keeping track of rare backs together for quite some time. We both feel there are many cards in all series that are probably not available with all of the "possible" combinations which should be available.
I'm not sure why you think I'm disagreeing with your conclusions, as I agree with most of them. My major concern is that we still don't have a "known" 150 only card with a ELPD or Old Mill back. Evers Blue Sky is the 150 only, not the portrait, which is availabe in both the 150 and 350 series. In fact I have an ELPD Evers Portrait.
I'm enjoying these threads more than anyone on the board, because I study these cards whenever I have any free time.
Art is the reliable source who has listed Lindaman as being seen with a 350 Piedmont back, but he may have made a mistake, or he may not remember. I'm sure he will chime in shortly.
Trying to figure out the patterns of distribution on these cards has been my passion for years and I'm excited so many others are interested in finding out which cards are really "available" with which backs.

Talk to you soon Brian

PS My Mullin comment to Art had nothing to do with the Horizontal in the thread, but an Orange background Portrait I sent him for his Birthday and his Tiger collection.