View Single Post
Old 01-25-2013, 05:36 AM
Dan Marke1

Matt,

Besides the quote from another collector regarding a sale, other things were mentioned:

In thread #4, 1980scollector wrote:

Jose,

Wow, I wanted the Dawson since I missed your PSA 9 you sold earlier this year and then I realized it is a TOP and BOTTOM.

In thread #7 StarPaxMan wrote:

The 1st time i remember going out making daly rounds to dep stores card shops etc was during the David Clyde rc frenzie in 1974, in 1975 i went nuts buying case after case of 1975 pulling all the star/rookies on top out and sell
everything else at shows,i think i paid between $120 and $175 per case through 1977 and it went on on different levels til the mid 80s when competition got tough.
btw; between 1976-1979 G.foster was a super star the absolute class of the NL,,,,,,,,,,,Jose

In summary, with discussions of packs being sold and claiming to have bought these packs as originals, I'm having a hard time believing that this was all just a test to see how good the graders and experts are.

I'm curious to know how this was all brought out into the open. Was it by the pack submitter or did someone blow the whistle on him?