View Single Post
Old 04-17-2010, 07:18 AM
Bill Cauley

I asked a guy about a CJ card a few months back. It obviously wasn't that important since I don't remember it.

Anyway, he had it listed at a BIN of $750 and the BO option was available. I did my research through VCP and some price guide. Anyway, the sales had been between $300 and $400 and there was about five of those, all within the year. I offered $450 with an explanation as to how I came to the price. He countered with $700 and said he wouldn't go below that.

I thanked him for placing his cards into the ebay museum and he then informed me that he doesn't have to sell the card and he'll have it listed for the next 10 years at that price if need be as someone would eventually come along and buy it.

What a great sales model. He had some nice cards too and I probably would have been a repeat customer. Not that I buy a whole heck of a lot but repeat customers also bring in other customers.

Oh well, it's only cardboard. Back to work on dumping off my modern to purchase a decent Johnson portrait.