View Single Post
Old 05-10-2023, 09:19 PM
Peter Spaeth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorewalker View Post
Understatement of the year!!!! I actually made a few inquires and it seems to have been a well documented situation--the fake back stamps on the W575s and in fact the discovery of these fakes were from someone here. So at least in this instance the info referred to in that link seems to have been spot on.

Hobby is a tricky one to navigate. Everyone has to make a living. Too bad sometimes it is at the expense of innocent people.
Yes there was at least one thread here about those backs, was it Rhett Y. perhaps, don't recall.

And I agree with you and Leon about needing to be cautious about internet allegations. But there are times when common sense dictates that the accuser is in a position to know what he is talking about and probably is being truthful. Case by case determination.

In any event, we live in a strange time. It seems to be very in vogue these days to trash PWCC (and man the grief I used to take on that topic) but the rest of the world of dealers and AH's seems to get a great big pass as long as they return messages and don't overcharge for shipping.

He is available to do custom drawings in graphite, charcoal and other media. He also sells some of his works as note cards/greeting cards on Etsy under JamesSpaethArt.

Last edited by Peter_Spaeth; 05-10-2023 at 09:35 PM.