View Single Post
Old 03-27-2017, 06:47 PM
D@le Irv*n

Quote:
Originally Posted by KMayUSA6060 View Post
I 10000000000000% agree with this, and cannot stress it enough. There are so many little-known facts about each player, especially Pre-War, that are FASCINATING.

Get to know the players on your cards - you never know what you'll learn.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JollyElm View Post
To expand upon this point, frequently read the backs of your old cards. So many little pieces of cool (and sometimes bizarre) info is found right there. Good stuff!!
I couldn't agree more as well. When I began collecting again, early last year, I was on a mission just to collect as many 52 Topps as I could.
When Frank on here listed/PM'd me about some of his cards, he mentioned he would like to keep his Waitkus card due to what was written on the back about the "Crazed girl"
I told him I had never heard/read that story so I Googled it and read the back of the card. Needless to say, despite Frank's wishes, I purchased the card as I also thought that would be a great card to own. I now try and read every card back I receive, and am still going through the ones I already own.

With my collecting slowing down somewhat, I am now spending more time organizing, reading and researching the players on my cards, which has lead me to read some pretty great stories!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Ed Waitkus.jpg (74.6 KB, 173 views)
File Type: jpg Deranged girl.jpg (79.1 KB, 172 views)

Last edited by irv; 03-27-2017 at 06:48 PM.