View Single Post
Old 12-13-2010, 05:51 AM
John Michael

Default PSA Question.......................................

Once more I would like to call upon this knowledgable, generous group with a 1970 Kellogg's PSA graded set question. I have two cards in the set, graded PSA 8, both having two horizontal cracks running the width of the card. Could PSA have caused this damage while placing the curl-prone cards into the slab and simply shipped them back, as is?

Also, many of the slabs have cloudy, white (pressure?) marks on the faces of the slabs. Is this a telltale sign of tampering? None of my other PSA graded cards have this. I know PSA has an expensive machine for sealing slabs. I also have read the stories of slabs being opened by unethical sellers in order to replace the existing card with one of lesser value and sealing the slab back up with some very crude methods, including vises-- hence the marks?

And lastly, on the backs of eight of the PSA graded cards the background color is a very light shade of blue, with tiny white dots blended in, resembling denim. Before buying this set I've only seen the familiar solid, dark blue background. Simply a PSA variation or a sign of fraud?

Last edited by theseeker; 12-13-2010 at 05:54 AM.