View Single Post
Old 06-02-2018, 09:46 AM
Rob

Not what you're asking for but this has been my AH experience so far as bidder...all of which has occurred in the last year....and maybe 7-8 transactions total. The names have been changed to protect the guilty.

AH #1 sold me an $1800 pennant that they failed to disclose had a tip held on by tape. Then after lying to me for a week, proceeded to lecture me for posting about the experience here.

AH #2 decided to make an origami swan out of a rare New York Titans pennant I won so they could cram it in the smallest bubble mailer they could find...damaging the painted on graphics to the point they chipped off.

AH #3 sold me a pennant describe as Near Mint that really had an inch long rip in the top edge

AH #4 Notified me after the win that one of the pennants I won had been chewed through by a mouse and asked if I still wanted it.

For these experiences I have to pay a premium? Are you kidding?

These are true stories. I think the only positive experiences I've had so far been with Huggins & Scott, twice.....and Clean Sweep once....though Clean Sweep holding my check (which is the only payment method they accept) for two weeks so it can "clear" seems a little 1950's-ish.

So this I why I say...Mediocrity appears to be standard operating procedure in this industry. But the bidders don't seem to care.