View Single Post
Old 11-26-2006, 04:11 PM
Administrator

Default Questions for auctioneers

Posted By: Judge Dred (Fred)

Is there any reason that Doug Allen and Scott Gaynor have been called upon to answer questions? The answer is in the questions being asked but why not put out a general question for ALL AUCTIONEERS? Why depose them one at a time? What's good for one is good for all. I like the fact that Barry chimes in because he's an auciton house entity. I suppose we could all ask Leon to not allow links to the auction house web sites unless they answer but that would be a bit unreasonable because a lot of those guys may not read the board or they may not want to respond because they know or fear they're going to get railroaded or hammered for being honest.

Let me see, whos turn is it?

Hey Lew (Lipset)? Are you reading this? I have a question - do you swear to tell the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth? Remember, your hand is on a stack of T206 Wagners.

I appreciate the fact that people are asking hard core questions and getting answers for all of us but I'd rather read answers from everyone (all auctioneers), not just a small cross section of important auctioneers.

Perhaps a moderated thread would do. Have all questions sent to one person and have that person ask the most frequent questions received. Then lock the thread and only allow the auctioneers to answer and only reveal all of the responses at one time so that the auctioneers answer the questions w/o regard to what the others have written.

Any counter questions could come later after a majority of the participating auctioneers have responded. All questons should be sent to the moderator or have the questions posted in a separate thread. Do this for a couple of rounds.

I would like nothing more than to read a thread with nothing but answers from some of the more respected auctioneers. Lets keep all of the other stuff out of it.

Ok, let me get back to my alcohol induced stupor and pretend/forget I even wrote this...