View Single Post
Old 03-02-2016, 10:17 AM
Steve Birmingham

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zach Wheat View Post
Agree with Al here. Also I've had a small package returned to me even though I had enough postage on it for a first class shipment. However, the item was too thick and thus rejected. I did not get the returned item until. 6 weeks later.....we all wondered what had happened to the item.

I think you will be obligated to give a full refund whether you want to or not. Good luck.

Z
I had the same thing. A small old print mailed in a photo mailer with some good stiffeners, shipped at the small package rate because I knew it wasn't flexible enough. It got bounced back to me because of a bit of a hole in the PO regulations. Not flexible = Package, not flexible AND between 1/4 and 3/4 inch = package that isn't eligible for DC. Unless it's sent priority mail.

So it came back written up as postage due for the priority mail. I repacked so it was 3/4 thick, and they took it back. I had a nice chat with the manager of the main PO about the gap in the regs. After the initial discussion, we had another with us each having printed out a page from the DMM. He was a bit surprised I had one as most customers don't even know to check. What concerned him the most was that whoever wrote it up had used a rate that had been obsolete for nearly a year!

Fortunately the buyer was a government official with the State Dept and was very understanding about confusing/conflicting rules.

Steve B