View Single Post
Old 05-07-2018, 05:42 PM
R0b Sm!th

Quote:
Originally Posted by hcv123 View Post
Awesome pickups everyone!

I was after a bunch of postwar stuff as that is what I have collected.

To involve my kids in the hobby, we started collecting Pirates team sets from 1952-1973. Been at that for a few years - it's been awesome and fun (Stupid - 1952 Tony Bartirome! - probably never get that one)- my 11 year old has been really into it. He loves going to shows and perusing auction catalogs. He mentioned to me recently that he would like to start collecting some of the "older" cards - like the T206, etc. Then I read the post about the T3's REA was offering. Then I looked at them. Then I got attached! Then I won 3 of them. Looking forward to surprising my son with them. Not being familiar with the nuances of the issue - Is what REA posted about the "no offer back" thing accurate?

I also got a couple of postwar goodies - 59 Bazooka box (Mantle) - thought I got a great deal on that one - crease not withstanding, 59 salesman sample panel (Mantle) - someone else was fighting hard for that one, and the Exhibit advertising posters.
Such a cool box. I have always wondered the story behind someone saving the entire box all of these years.