View Single Post
Old 08-26-2006, 02:05 PM
Administrator

Default Larry Frisch Grading

Posted By: TONY

I recently bought a small group of cards from the 40's.. most were graded fairly.....I returned 3 out of 13 cards due to horrendous registration problems......got a prompt refund...
Larry still uses 1960's grading standards best i can tell.....but beware of cards with problems, many cards graded like ex with pinhole, tiny piece missing otherwise vg-ex......cards like this are probably 3-4 points overgraded....if your sending these type of cards to PSA etc your in for a shock when you get the cards back....Larry doesn't embrace grading, no wonder, check for ultra high grade cards, not many to be found....also prices on some not tuff to find issues are multiples of current market values...he obviously sells to people who never heard of ebay.....also has anyone every sold him a card?......I have asked around & have never found 1 dealer who sold him a card...just curious how strong of a buyer he is.....since he has so much inventory he paid a 1¢ each for.....it must have to kill him to pay 50% or more to buy a card for resale