View Single Post
Old 06-05-2018, 01:09 PM
Mîçhæ£ ßöw£ß¥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter_Spaeth View Post
It was priced way too high but he was quite flexible, people complain all the time about crazy BINs but sometimes sellers do act reasonably when you approach them politely.
Since that set was printed in Sweden they are not as uncommon as one would believe if you are other there. I got mine in Sweden in 2016 from a dealer who had 2 others. The collectors on here call the T-206 set 'The Monster'. The postcard set that includes this Thorpe is a true monster set with over 800 cards. The cheapest you can find any of the cards is about $10.00. The official photographers also created RPPC's that are not part of the set that were sold to competitors. I have two mailed by a U.S. fencer to his mother and brother from the Olympic Games that show him with other fencers and they are not part of the set. I saw a complete set displayed at the Gothenburg Sports Museum. It was displayed in those frames that you could flip like a giant book. Very impressive to look at.

"The man who can keep a secret may be wise, but he is not half as wise as the man with no secrets to keep”

Last edited by Michael B; 06-05-2018 at 01:10 PM.