View Single Post
Old 12-08-2017, 07:16 AM
Ste.ve Na.polit.ano

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbyw8469 View Post
I wish I knew the answer...I really do. Robert Edwards auctions seem to do well, but then again, look at the lot Battlfield won from REA recently and then broke up on Ebay for a whole lot more. There seems to be no exact science for who gets the best prices and what venue to utilize. It all seems to be a gamble.
Impossible question to answer. Cards trade erractically. Sometimes there are a few motivated bidders who are consistently driving certain cards higher. Up, up, up. A bull market. Other times certain cards go up dramatically and come back off that pretty quickly. And in other times there is little demand at all until someone steps forward and gets it for a steal. If it is moderately priced card with good general demand among hardcore collectors I'd say PWCC probably gets an OK price in most cases even without shilling. I think they major auction houses do better with high end items as they write amazing/ridiculous write ups in slick glossy catalogs which motivate people to believe they are getting a once in a life opportunity to grab something magical. And those catalogs no doubt appeal to extremely well heeled bankers and other rich guys who aren't perusing ebay like me all day and night looking for bargains.
Long winded way of saying no one knows. Too many factors for a simple answer.

Last edited by Snapolit1; 12-08-2017 at 07:29 AM.