View Single Post
Old 12-09-2017, 12:55 PM
_Er!ck*L.ew1n_

As a Yankee fan, I have some mixed thoughts but overall I think it's great move. I like Starlin but long term he probably doesn't fit into plans with gleyber Torres coming up for 2b. Plus tbey have Miguel andujar who can maybe slide in at 3b.

Who knows what happens with Harper or Machado. It's always possible either of them could resign a big team extension and not hit open market. Plus you hear Harper may command 400 plus million.

Yankees gave up no other significant prospects and get reigning nl. Mvp and hr champ in his prime entering age 28 season. He's different from other 10 year mega contract guys who signed when at least 30 years old in that regard. Plus he may opt out in 3 years anyway which means Yankees may not have him long term for back end of contract. Or they can decide what to do then as far as resigning.

Yankees went from not expecting to make playoffs this year to a legitimate long term contender with emergence of judge and Sanchez. Now sprinkle in another hr champ and in one move we now have a modern day murderers row and a very young talented core group who can conceivabley keep them near top of league for next decade. Stanton is oldest at age 28 in 2018!

All this coupled with the fact that u think Marlins are eating approx 30 mil of contract, with today's market for premium players I think it's a great move.

If he stays for 10 years the back end will certainly be iffy but hopefully they will have multiple more championships by then to justify it all.

This lineup is scary!

Just need a to stay healthy...

Wonder if ohtani is second guessing angels decision?

Merry Christmas Aaron Boone!

Last edited by yanksfan09; 12-09-2017 at 01:00 PM.