View Single Post
Old 09-29-2012, 12:26 PM
G.r.eg M@r.t.i.n

FYI: one does not need a loupe to authenticate a card. Simply scan the card at high resolution (I use 1600 DPI), open the scan in an editing program and crop out sections from the card. One can see the dots very well in 600x600 mp sections or even up to 1000x1000 mp sections, and not only that, you can separately save those sections as individual photos. If one has a confirmed authentic comparison, the card in question should be scanned next to the authentic at the suggested high resolution so sections can be extracted from both, together.

Also, one can do this so that another person will be able to tell each individual section still represents the subject card, such as by gradual zooming to particular areas, etc.

To clarify, the reason I said the card in question looks modern is because the edges look like they would be less smooth than the authentic comparison. For example, I scanned a Fro Joy fake next to a real one; notice the edges on the fake (card on top) look less smooth. That's an indication the paper is modern.