View Single Post
Old 10-15-2009, 08:47 AM
Sc.ott Ver.renti

Great topic. This is my first time posting (I just joined yesterday). But Cooperstown is my favorite memory from childhood growing up. My father and I attended the HOF Inductions from 1987-1998. It was the one thing I looked forward to all summer, and as soon as it passed, I was constantly looking forward to next year. I can post more photos later, but here is a TTM project I just started working on:

20 years ago my father and I attended the 50th anniversary of the Baseball Hall of Fame. I bought this program then, and a couple of months later I had Bob Feller sign it at a local show. The program then sat in my parent's closet for the next 20 or so years when I found it recently. I always knew I had it, but I thought what am I going to do with this program that is signed by Bob Feller?

Then I thought about turning it into a TTM project. I first sent it out to Bobby Doerr, turnaround in less than a week. Next I sent it out to Lee MacPhail, who had it for about a month and I started to get a bit nervous. After that it was Monte Irvin, with $20 fee, and took about a week. Next, I got it back from Al Kaline ($20 fee) that took a little less than two weeks. Was kind of torn on how he signed it. Gave a nice, big, bold signature but the way he signed it kind of took away space from other players down the road. The next day it was sent out to Red Schoendienst, with a $10 fee. Got that back in about a week, and was sent out the following day to Duke Snider (with fee) and it has been over two weeks. Starting to get a bit antsy. I've had people who have seen it saying that I shouldnt add any players who were inducted after 1989 (the 50th Anniversary of the HOF), such as Lee MacPhail, but I am going to try and jam pack it with as many HOFers as possible.