View Single Post
Old 02-21-2019, 02:20 PM
J0hn Collin$

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leon View Post
As a centering nut I can safely say 95%, or more, of cards that are listed as centered, aren't. They might have decent centering but most aren't very close to centered. This one is close but it too is not centered.
I feel you, Leon. I used to be a centering nut - around 15-ish years ago when even though I approached the hobby more with the mindset of a collector, I sold enough cards to be a dealer. I got to the point where I realized I had more issues with my cards (even nice, high-grade Hall of Famers) that I spent time fretting about than I did actually enjoying them.

Centering played a large part in this. I eventually had to give up my ways and go back to the mid-grade and often off-centered cards I had as a kid. I know it doesn't work for everyone, and if you have the means to do nothing but high grade that meets your requirements, then I would certainly encourage it - but I'm a much happier collector now just being pleased with the eye appeal of a card and not always worring about the minutia. I still ocassionally fall into my old traps - and let's be honest who does not love a really cherry, highly-graded vintage card - but on the whole I just found that to be kinda stressful.

Last edited by jchcollins; 02-21-2019 at 02:40 PM.