View Single Post
Old 08-20-2018, 10:15 AM
Bob McLean

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donscards View Post
I was set up at the White Plains show this weekend and there was more stealing going up than ever---I caught one person putting a less expensive card in his pant pockets and told him to empty his pocket, he said he didn't want to lose it so he put it in his pocket!!!--also had $450 worth of cards stolen that were returned to me (from the Ex-Dealer stealing all day Friday)--they came out of my half price boxes---you just cant see everything when talking to collectors or selling---I didn't even know the cards were gone until promoter talked to me--dealer behind me had maybe $1000 stolen--plus many other dealers were hit---but the Clemente was the big hit---and yes, it is a shame---This hurts all of us in the hobby---and the show does have a private security person walking around all day--but that really doesn't seem to help in such a huge place. Anyway, I hope by some small chance, the card is recovered, but who knows. Really wish we could all get a piece of this guy.

Don, enjoyed meeting you at the National and wish I had more time to look at your cards. It is a shame we have to be so cautious with our inventory, it is a fine line between being careful and putting off potential buyers with too much scrutiny. Something has to be done, just not sure what.