View Single Post
Old 02-16-2010, 01:34 PM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Default not for me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian-Chidester View Post
Yeah, and they have the same exact fronts as those of 68 other players from the regularly recognized T206 white borders set, even down to the font and color of the typeset. The only difference between the T206 cards and the T213-1 and T215-1 cards, apparently, is the paper stock. I've never owned a T215-1, so I can't speak to that, but the T213-1 cards are a lot thinner.

I'm sure there is an entire thread on this subject somewhere, but it would have existed before I started reading posts here.
First of all there are no other cards in T206 that are on as thin of stock as T213-1. I don't think it should be labeled as T206 because of that and because Burdick put Coupons in their own designation. For me, that's enough, though I am probably in the minority.

I have never really heard of T215-1 being classified as T206 nor very many arguments (unlike T213-1) thinking it should be. I am aware of at least 1 T215-1 that has a bit of a different background than it's T206 counterpart, that being Griffith batting. FYI, T215-1 is normal cardstock from what I remember. I have owned several but only own 1 now....regards