View Single Post
Old 06-17-2020, 10:15 AM
D@le Irv*n

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCMcKenzie View Post
Dale, I wouldn't think Geddy Lee of RUSH is working at Leland's, but I know he collects baseball memorabilia. His given name was "Gary" and his neighborhood friends called him "Geddy" because that's how they heard his mom pronounce it.
Maybe it's just a net54 moniker, like people call themselves TedWilliamsFan and stuff on here. Or, maybe a Rush fan named their son after the bassist for the band. Or, maybe it is the guy from Rush enjoying his life after being a prog-rock music legend. Rob
I took the post as just someone mentioning the auction, not from someone that actually works there, but I guess that is how one interrupts the post?

I was also aware Geddy is a huge baseball fan and memorabilia collector so I didn't think it would be out of the norm, especially since there are other well known's on this site, that Geddy might also be another one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by maniac_73 View Post
Geddy is a friend of mine and a huge baseball collector. He actually splits season tickets right behind home plate at the Jays with another friend of mine. We all call him Geddy and it would be weird to call him Gary lol
Yes, he is shown quite often on Jays telecasts. I had no idea his real name was Gary though as anytime I have ever seen him interviewed, he is addressed as Geddy.