View Single Post
Old 12-19-2011, 09:52 PM
Marc

I believe that a NPB notice IS a form of communication. As has been noted, there is no negative strike against a bidder when this is filed and the bidder does have an additional four days to complete payment. The bidder receives a notice stating that payment has not been received and encouraging that payment to be completed or further communication to be initiated with the seller.

I generally wait 5-7 days before filing one (unless there has been prior communication as to a legitimate delay) and, honestly, I feel that this is being more than patient. If a person is actively bidding on online auctions, there should be VERY few legitimate circumstances in which they truly can't complete a Paypal payment within 8-10 days. I have purchased hundreds of items on eBay and never once have taken more than 1-2 days to complete a payment. I mean, it takes literally 30 seconds.

Obviously there will be the rare situation, like a hospitalization, where this genuinely is the case...but in all fairness, this would account for a tiny fraction of these scenarios so it would seem extremely unreasonable to expect a seller to anticipate this or to hold it against them when they file a NPB as a normal course of business.