View Single Post
Old 10-26-2006, 07:58 AM
Administrator

Default A line for the ages

Posted By: john/z28jd

Andrew i cant stand McCarver for basically the reason youve mentioned but i remember the day i totally stopped listening to a word he said.About 3-4 years ago he made an obvious mistake on air about baseball rules and then he took 2 1/2 innings to explain and defend himself and didnt mention one thing that was happening during the game,and he had them show the replay over and over.There was 2 people over the house watching the game with me and we were just sitting here yelling at the tv for him to shutup and call the game,I hated him long before that but that was just too much.He was so wrong but he wanted to change the way baseball has been played forever just so he would be right in this instance

Ive watched other games when hes announcing during saturdays and ive turned off the volume completely if no other games were on. Ive become pretty good at drowning him out now and didnt even notice him last night,and only when they showed his name or face did i throw up a little in my mouth.I honestly dont know how he stays on the air with how unpopular he is among people ive talked to about him

I remember about 2 years ago he said Scott Rolen was the greatest fielding 3rdbaseman ever then basically told everyone Brooks Robinson and Mike Schmidt were overrated and werent in the same class as him,and again it was another let me take 2 innings away from announcing to make my point.Its stuff like that nonsense that make people think hes stupid,and while he may be smart, spreading lies because of personal preference in front of a large audience should qualify for making you clinically stupid and therefore people should be able to refer to you this way anytime your name is mentioned

I posted a poll on a Pirates message board a couple years ago,just yes or no,do you like Tim McCarver as an announcer. The result was about 11 no's for every yes....thats about what i expected