View Single Post
Old 06-04-2015, 01:49 PM
Mike

Default 1914 Photo of the Boston Braves "The Strategist of the Firing Line"

Hi All.....
Bought this off of eBay a few days ago, arrived today to add to the ever-growing Boston Braves collection (and that is that I'm a lifelong Giants fan).
But there is definitely a connection between the Giants and the Boston team, especially McGraw and Judge Fuchs, Hank Gowdy, even Eddie Stanky was on the 48 Braves and the 51 Giants.

This photo was taken by Underwood and Underwood and is the Second World Series Game at Shibe Park, October 10th, 1914.
Pictured L-R are: Billy Martin(thanks to RUKen's research), Dick Rudolph,Captain Johnny Evers, Manager George Stallings and Coach Fred Mitchell
there are many things to love about this photo.....I love the unknown player far left in those beautiful "wild" coats they wore, featured on the cover of BASEBALL MAGAZINE Feb 1915. What looks to be a discarded program under the bench beneath Stallings and those great Deep Blue Pinstriped Uniforms with the red B and Indian Patch. I have a reproduction of the home jersey, but this is the one they should make with cap. I think the cap has a red band around the base of the crown if not mistaken.

The photo measures 7 7/8 x 9 7/8 inches.

Anyway ,purchased from Memory Lane as a Type 1........I could not be happier.
Enjoy, Mike
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (71.0 KB, 157 views)

Last edited by JJ McGraw; 06-04-2015 at 07:16 PM.