View Single Post
Old 05-31-2011, 04:27 PM
Brandon M. Grunbaum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rawlings View Post
This is a great book and at first glance, you might think it already covers what Brandon is doing. I'd say though that a photo-heavy book on the ball with great quality photos is still unique and very much needed for all baseball collectors.

Hample's book is awesome and has an incredibly detailed timeline of the Official Game ball from about early 1900s on. Definitely worth picking up regardless -I really enjoyed the section on official baseballs in entertainment (cinema/TV mostly). Also the most valuable baseballs from modern day and the details of how they were obtained and sold - very interesting stuff that seems to appeal to both collectors and casual fans.

Anyway, Brandon, please let me know what your plans are for modern era baseballs, and if you'll delve into the commemorative gamers. I was very involved in Zack Hample's book for that particular section and I really enjoyed the experience working on that chapter with him. I provided my own hi-res photos for the book and lots of information.

I would also recommend for you to reach out to Zack as he had some incredible sources and friends involved in the production of the ball and in the game itself, I'm sure they'd be very helpful to you as well.

My email: bigleaguebaseballs @ gmail.com
I'll have to take a look at the book, and thanks for the advice. As for details, my book will cover every year, and EVERY change the ball has endured. For example, my book features 7 different Ban Johnson AL baseballs that were used from 1903-1926. Many people are unaware there are that many, mostly subtle logo changes. Each one of these balls has its own page with professional photographs.