View Single Post
Old 08-17-2015, 12:12 AM
John Mavroudis

Quote:
Originally Posted by al c.risafulli View Post
hi everyone:

First, thanks to everyone who chimed in with such positive comments. While they're all much appreciated, i think mark's concern is valid because he clearly expected that his shipment would be sent to him within four days of my receipt of payment, and i did not meet that expectation.

When i set up lotg, i wanted to model my shipping after sterling and rea, who are the fastest in the biz. Sterling sometimes ships the day they receive payment! Since most other auctions ship, in my experience, within a week or two of receipt - so i set a goal of shipping within a week, via priority mail, and most of the time, i meet that goal.

In this case, since shipments will go out slightly more than a week after some payments were received, i felt it was important to let winning bidders know. I sent out an email on wednesday to that effect. Perhaps it would have been smarter to just ship when i could, but i felt like customers who are accustomed to receiving their material from me in four or five days have a right to know that they'll be receiving it in eight or nine.

Mark, since you addressed my company here in a public forum rather than privately, i hope you don't mind that i respond to you publicly as well. Again, i apologize for the inconvenience of your having to wait. I know that lotg is not the first auction house with which you've done business, so i know you're aware of how frustrating it can be to have to wait three and four weeks to receive your winning items. I understand that you were expecting better service from lotg, and i apologize for not being able to deliver this time around.

I'm extremely disappointed to have let you down with the first and only item you've ever bid on with my company. I received your payment at 11:30 pm on monday night, and while i understand many customers want their material shipped immediately, some times it's just not logistically possible due to volumes and time constraints. When i sent out the email on wednesday evening, i did it so that i could properly set expectations. In that email, which admittedly was sent almost 48 hours after you paid, i explained that we were behind schedule and would be slow in fulfilling orders due to our attendance at the white plains show. I understand that you take issue with our priorities and our planning, and yet i hope you also understand how important shows can be to an auction house.

You've noted several times that you expected a "shipment sent" email, as you were told you would receive. The part that i may not have been clear about is that you will only receive a "shipment sent" email after your shipment has been sent. The reason you have not received that email is because your shipment has not been sent. It is slated to be shipped on monday, and you can trust that when it is, that email will be sent to you.

You also mentioned in your recent post that the email you sent to me has not been answered. Unfortunately i searched through my inbox and my spam folder, and have received no email from you. The only emails i have ever received from you are the paypal receipts from the day you paid. Perhaps you used the wrong email address? Of course that doesn't matter; you have every right to be frustrated for not receiving a response and i hope you accept my apologies. Trust that your winnings will be shipped to you on schedule tomorrow, via priority mail, which means you will receive it 8 calendar days after your payment was made. I realize that's not as quickly as you would like, and for that i apologize.

It's unfortunate that i've lost your future bids, as it's my goal to delight every customer. The longer lotg is in business, the more i realize that's not really possible, but it doesn't stop me from trying!

Regardless, i hope you do enjoy the item you won, and i thank you for your bid.

Warm regards,
-al
bravo!!!

www.zenpop.com