View Single Post
Old 05-01-2008, 01:03 PM
Administrator

Default Auction Lots Sold to Underbidders?

Posted By: Mark

Brock...

Yes, but very rarely does this happen. It has happened for me only twice (in the past 15 years), and never with Mastro. I would imagine that Mastro's clientele has among the highest percentage of honored bids in the hobby. I will keep my fingers crossed for you, though...

Seems like there are still some bargains out there, unless bidding picks up significantly tonight. I was lucky enough to snag 2 lots at good prices last night, but will have to take a pass on tonight (as well as with REA and Heritage).

Outside of the rare Fan-Taz Dispenser and Mueller Clock, which will probably sell for the same approximate amount (and neither of which I can remotely afford), REA didn't have too many exciting offerings on the memorabilia side, anyway.

I would have gone for the pair of early Athletcs Pennants, if I didn't already have the Connie Mack Ringmaster version. I wish REA didn't pair those two up. It looks like someone may steal that pairing (the Connie Mack Pennant alone is worth a lot more than the current high bid).

If anyone reading this wants to do a 50/50 "split" on that lot in REA, please write me. Or if the winning bidder reads this, and wants to sell the other pennant (head-on elephant), please write.

Thanks, and sorry for rambling!