View Single Post
Old 05-22-2012, 03:28 PM
Banned

the guy is emailing me, he said they did a private signing with ali, and if i want proof, there is a picture of him and ali on the website, and there is, but it is not of ali signing anything, just posing with the guy. he asked me to look at the photo of him and ali as proof of the signing, and what more do i want???

i asked him where is burczyk? there is a cash reward for producing burczyk.

i told him ali didnt sign like that , and if he did, where is that distinct signature on other items , like scrap pieces of paper, dinner programs, matchbook covers, airline tickets, etc that fans always have ali sign the day before, the day after, the week before, etc, in the streets? that distinct style only shows up on his signing for one day for him. that truly is unbelievable, but the guy thinks he is fooling people.

i asked him the date and location that ali signed for him so i could cross check it with harlan werner, who knows every signing ali ever did the last 25 years plus. I asked him for the contract signed by ali so i could check the signature on that contract, so far nothing. he is short on evidence, and if it was legit, he would have no problem producing all sorts of evidence.

I did a signing with former WBO heavyweight champ Corrie Sanders from South Africa, and if anyone ever questioned the validity of that signature, I could back it up with picturesm email correspondences, email addresses, contacts, and have Corrie call him on the phone if he wasn't satisfied and I would never get defensive about it even if the guy came right off the bat questioning the autograph because I would have nothing to hide. A picture of Sanders standing next to somebody would never constitute proof of a specific signing and real collectors and dealers know that and wouldn't try to pass that off as proof of a specific signing.

Last edited by travrosty; 05-22-2012 at 04:50 PM.