View Single Post
Old 10-10-2013, 10:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lordstan View Post
Scott,
I think, like with every auction, the final price comes down to a few common things. Advertising/credibility/visibility of the seller, quality of the items, and luck.
Henry Yee, Rhys, REA, Legendary, Heritage, etc all have long lists of customers, as well as a certain amount of public awareness, so many more "motivated" buyers are following their auctions. More exposure = more interested parties following the auction = more likely hood of bidding fever.

These same auctioneers are known for outstanding quality. I think Henry's reputation is especially strong in regards to having, not only top quality images, simply impeccable condition of the pictures he sells.

Ebay is a mixed bag. Sellers that are unknown. Item quality that is all over the place. Uncertainty as whether or not the seller has described the "type" correctly.
For me, the price I would've bid/paid for each of the pictures I won would not have been different. The difference, between a name auction and eBay, is that I think the final price I wound up having to pay might have been less on eBay.
+!