View Single Post
Old 02-24-2017, 06:48 PM
D@le Irv*n

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobC View Post
You wouldn't really need another independent group to check on the TPG companies. As long as they all followed the same, consistent set of standards and rules as far as grading cards goes, they could just check on each other every so often to make sure they're all doing it the same, correct way. If they found one of their peer TPG companies wasn't abiding by the rules and following the proper, consistent and recognized grading standards, they could let whoever/whatever group that had licensing control/authority over TPG companies know and possibly have them stop that TPG company from being able continue grading cards until they corrected whatever the issues were that were found.

each graded card should also have its own documentation as to how the evaluation and grade was arrived at, and should be retained by the TPG company so as to document what they did and how they arrived at the opinion that they did on a particular card. I honestly don't know anything about the inner workings of TPG companies. Do they already do these kinds of things I'm suggesting they should do? And if not, why not?

BobC
LOL. That would go over well!
I can picture a steady stream of TPG's arriving at each others places of business daily all crying afoul about what each company isn't doing that they should be! It would be a gong show, guaranteed!!

I like your second suggestion as I have always thought it would be nice to find out why your card got the grade it did.
I believe Beckett has quit doing this, but they use to have scores/grades on their flips that would state something like 8 for centering, 9 for corners, 7 for surface wear etc, then the final average grade in the top right. I believe most on here like this but for some reason Beckett was the only one who did this for some reason?